To inspire people to develop positive relationships with their dogs.
To encourage and develop humane, scientifically sound dog training and responsible dog ownership through classes, seminars and competitive events.
Code of Conduct
As a member of The Dog Training Club of Bermuda (DTC), I will:
- encourage and assist in the mission of the club.
- encourage, practice and develop positive dog training.
- treat all dogs and their human partners with respect.
- use a positive approach to teaching people and dogs and will not use force, fear, pain or intimidation.
- foster and maintain the highest degree of sportsmanship.
- respect the privacy and hold in confidence all information obtained through membership, class or trial registration.
- demonstrate what it means to be a responsible dog owner in training, tests, matches and trials.
The DTC believes strongly in a positive approach to teaching people and dogs and will not tolerate the use of force, fear, pain or intimidation. Any DTC member who is found to be acting in a manner that is inconsistent with this Code will have her or his membership reviewed by the DTC Board, which shall have the right to terminate membership.
The Dog Training Clubs Constitution can her found here: